The government in England has been providing funding of £150 million per annum since 2013 to provide additional primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments of Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and is intended to improve the quality of physical education and sport for all children.
Although there is some freedom and choice in how the money will be spent, all the funding allocated must be spent on provision of physical education and school sport. Each school will determine its own priorities.
At Easington Lane Primary, our key priorities are:
- to provide professional development for school staff
- to provide specialist coaches to work alongside teaching staff
- to increase the opportunities for pupils to attend inter-school festivals and competitions
- to improve the variety and quality of after school clubs for all age groups
- to improve resources and equipment
- to involve young leaders in the provision of lunchtime activities
- to develop and improve the ‘outdoor and adventurous activities’ aspect of the P.E. Curriculum
For 2018 – 19 , Easington Lane Primary is expected to receive the allocated amount of £17,807.
To see details of how our funding was spent last year (2017-2018), please click on the link below.
Previous action plans can be viewed below;