Little Legs Nursery
Little Legs Nursery is located in Easington Lane primary school and provides care for 2 year old children. The following details the eligibility criteria and if you require any further information, or wish to apply for a place please contact our school office.
Criteria for 2 yr Free Entitlement from 1st April 2013
Children are eligible to access this offer the term after they turn 2 years of age and the service ends when they access nursery education for 3 and 4 yr olds.
Families who are in receipt of benefits (below) will be eligible for place without further referral:
- Income Support
- Employment and Support Allowance – Income Related
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part vi of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an income on or below the threshold of £16,190
- Looked after children
Referrals through CAF:
Children who have additional needs can also be referred for a place through CAF if they meet any/some of the following criteria:
- Children where there are recognised child protection concerns i.e. the child is abused or it likely to be abused or where there are poor levels of adult supervision of the child.
- Children with additional support needs, e.g. disability, health issues or development delay which significantly affects development
- Children at risk of being prevented from achieving or maintaining a reasonable standard of health or development.
- Children from families experiencing domestic violence.
- Children from families experiencing substance misuse.
- Children whose parents’ ability to care for them is limited e.g. the parent/carer is seriously ill; in hospital for long periods of time; has significant learning difficulties or the family’s wider circumstances are such that the child’s development is restricted e.g. homeless.
- Looked after children.
- Parent/carer with additional support needs e.g. low level mental health issues with intervention.
- Children from black and minority ethnic group families where there are additional family needs such as where poverty or social isolation is an issue or families where English is an additional language.
- Children where there are three or more children under the age of three years in the household.
- Children from traveller families.